This unique course has been designed to equip actors with the mental, physical and emotional strength needed to flourish in a work environment that often puts actors under intense pressure. Our aim is to provide a world class television drama training course to:
• Equip and train actors with the craft and experience to perform with excellence in fast turnaround television in Australia and overseas
• Create autonomous actors who understand their role as actors in society, and with a deep understanding of popular culture as it exists in Australia today, who are independent, creative, fulfilled individuals
• Promote personal health, stamina and inner strength
• Actors will be trained by practicing industry professionals and the course has a strong performance focus. Actors will be performing on camera early into the first term. In the final week of the course, the company will shoot film and television scenes with a professional director and crew.
The course has been designed to approximately mirror the schedule of an actual television drama, so from the first read through at 8:30am on the commencement of the training week, actors are developing a mental and physical discipline to deal with performing in industry conditions. The course is dense and very fast-paced, with actors working on the floor with exceptional trainers from Day 1. Actors will be required to do all their reading, preparation and exercises at home ready for the next week.
We hope you will take from this course a way to live in the world as actor, connected and inspired by the world we live in and the ever-changing culture that is produced and nurtured in Australia.
The course is comprised of (3 x 10 week terms). Classes run for 3 full days each week (these are either conducted on Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday OR Thursday, Friday & Saturday - depending on what State you live in). The Program is conducted by working industry professionals who are experts in their field. (Please refer to our trainer page for a comprehensive list).
STRUCTURE OF THE DAY:
MORNING: Skills Development; Read Through, TV Episode of the Week, VIP Presentations, Voice, Movement and Improvisation.
AFTERNOON: Analysis, Creativity & Imagination, Rehearsal, American Dialect, Actor Training and Workshops.
ALL ACTORS WILL BE REQUIRED TO:
• Keep a private reflection journal for assessment
• Attend a company meeting
Once a week:
• Watch and be prepared to discuss a set television episode that aired during the week
Once a term:
• Research and prepare a 10 minute presentation which profiles three prominent Australian television artists - an actor, a director and writer of their choice.
• Prepare a self-assessment / goals and objective journal for discussion
• Complete a written assignment, which is to be assessed